Prior to your appointment over the phone, and the day of your appointment, the following questions will be asked. Answering “Yes” to any or all of the questions does not necessarily mean that you cannot be treated, but it will require further discussion to determine your risk for COVID-19.
If you have any questions about this process, please call our office at 336-621-4927. More information about our office’s COVID-19 practices can be found here.
- Are you currently awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test?
- You you in contact with any confirmed COVID-19 positive patients?
- Are you over 60 years old?
- Do you have a fever, or have you had one in the past 14 days?
- Do you have shortness of breath or other difficulties breathing?
- Do you have a dry cough?
- Do you have a runny nose?
- Do you have a sore throat?
- Do you have sneezing, watery eyes, and/ or sinus pain/pressure that is unusual and not related to seasonal allergies?
- Have you experienced headaches, fatigue, or weakness?
- Have you lost your sense of taste and/or smell?
- Do you have heart disease, lung disease, kidney disease, diabetes, or any auto-immune disorders?
- Within the last 14 days, have you traveled to any foreign country? If so, where?
- Within the last 14 days, have you traveled within the United States? If so, where?